ED F431 Web Fundamentals, Fall 2012
1) Examine the impact of Web 2.0, cloud computing, and mobile technologies on K-12 education. 2) Establish and publish to frameworks–web-based eportfolio, personal learning network, blog, podcasts–that will form the core elements of the M.Ed. Online Instructional Design (ONID). This course is a prerequisite for subsequent work toward the ONID and should be taken before or concurrently with ED 432 Fundamentals of Media Design.
- Acquire and administer a personal web domain.
- Begin an ongoing eportfolio that will serve as the primary assessment instrument for completion of the ONID program.
- Set up and maintain an ongoing blog for peer review and reflection.
- Establish and actively participate in a personal learning network of colleagues and mentors.
- Publish original content in a variety of online formats, including but not limited to web sites, blogs, and podcasts.
- Explore the implications of current and emerging technologies for personal and professional development.
- Consider the interaction between technology and social institutions, particularly K-12 education.
- Think critically and reflect on the process of teaching with technology.
Specific assignments for this course: https://olsonid.wordpress.com/blog/
- Web Presence
- Mobile Tools
- Google Docs Survey